For those people in our care who are not able to live independently and require supportive housing, Imagine Therapeutic Services offers in-community support homes for both transitional youth and adults.
Our vision for the transitional youth and adult programmes is that the individual experience a life free from discrimination, barriers and limitations. Our goal is to provide person-centred planning and living situation for personal enrichment and community engagement.
Our team of compassionate and professional caregivers will help to stabilize, integrate or support individuals in a community home in collaboration with staff, parents, community, community workers, volunteers, and friends. Every person is unique and Imagine Residential Services responds to this by developing individualized programmes.
Lifeskills and pro-social activities will be supported by experienced staff who will assist with menu-planning, shopping, budgeting, cooking, cleaning, laundry, and other skills that contribute to living cooperatively in a home and in a community. This model of living provides the opportunity for each person to learn about conflict resolution, and to develop social relationships and friendships.
In collaboration with the community, we create individualized supports to help maintain connection to the land and traditions for our Indigenous members..
Extracurricular activities will include, staying fit, going to the theatre, bowling, story telling, yoga, swimming and other activities.
Imagine Therapeutic Services accepts private referrals as well as ODSP funded young adults.
Adults will have opportunities to work, volunteer and learn skills through a day programme. This programme is open to community referrals and residential clients.
There is a plethora of volunteer opportunities that will be tapped into. Community based resources will be accessed. Extracurricular activities will include, staying fit, going to the theatre, bowling, story telling, yoga, swimming, etc. We will also offer programmes such as Circles-A Programme to learn about boundaries and Streetsmarts. We will also be learning to cook, learning about the world and the different animals in it, and planting gardens. It is also our goal to be able to provide opportunities for individuals to socialize with others during recreational and educational activities.
Family and Client Support
Our highly skilled team of professionals offer a variety of services to support individuals and families.
- Imagine provides unique and individualized programs for families needing assistance for behavioural challenges, autism support, and caring for individuals with disabilities. Our practitioners use a multi-disciplinary approach and involve all caregivers in the treatment planning.
- Services we offer families are:
- Crisis management services
- 1-1 support in the community
- Case management facilitation
- Behavioural Management
- ABA specialist
- Support with developing individual support plans
Agencies can access special training and clinical supervision through Imagine Therapeutic Services.
- Our team provides onsite observations to assist with setting up therapeutic programming and supervision to enhance your current programs success. Training can be tailored to meet the needs of your organization; our facilitators offer both theory and experiential learning to maximize the learning outcomes for your staff.
- Possible training includes but is not limited to:
- Safe management training
- How to build trauma informed treatment plans
- Enhancing your use of therapeutic activities
- How to create a therapeutic relationship with difficult clients
- Creative interventions
At Imagine our practitioners understand and facilitate Trauma Informed treatment philosophies.
We recognize the importance of responding to the effects of all types of trauma and emphasize physical, psychological and emotional safety for our members and care providers. Through our Trauma Informed Care approaches we help individuals create hope, find a sense of empowerment, and work towards resiliency and personal growth.