Full time Support Worker
Currently, we are looking for Direct Care Counsellors in the following areas:
Sudbury, New Liskeard, and Huntsville
Imagine Therapeutic Services Inc
Imagine Therapeutic Services is seeking Direct Care Counsellors to be responsible for day to day support of individuals diagnosed with special needs in a small residential setting. Imagine Therapeutic Services strives to enhance client quality of life and successful candidates should meet these values and expectations. The Direct Care Counsellor is responsible for maximizing health, safety and personal fulfillment of the individual.
- Be familiar with and consistently apply the principals of Imagine Therapeutic Services; Mission, Vision, Values, Policies and Procedures.
- To empower and care about our resident’s success.
- Provide appropriate supports to ensure the health and safety of the people supported and ensure compliance to Policies and Procedures associated with Health and Safety and Abuse Prevention
- To manage difficult behaviours with the support of co-workers and a clinical team.
- Completion of Human Services Diploma ( Developmental Services Worker, Child and Youth Worker, Corrections ) from a recognized Community College or University and 2 year of related experience (preferably supporting individuals diagnosed with a special need)
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Vulnerable Police Check
- CPI training
- An understanding of the mental health issues and appropriate therapeutic responses.